Grounding is a very effective process for calming and stabilizing. Grounding connects you with the earth, carrying overpowering negative energies down and away much like a lightning rod. There are many methods for grounding. Try this one daily, as often as you think of it. Even if you don t feel anything while you are doing it notice the difference grounding makes to your overall sense of well-being. Grounding is also an excellent practice whenever you are feeling sexually wound-up :
- Sitting or standing, with your body relaxed, take a slow breath in through your nose.
- Gently exhale through your mouth.
- Focus your attention on the top of your head (your crown chakra).
- Picture a funnel on the top of your head through which vital energy from the cosmos flows into your body this is powerful, masculine, active energy.
- As this sun and sky energy travels down through your body it gives you strength and vitality.
- As it passes it also gathers up any negative energies you may be feeling anger, lethargy, hyperactivity, grief, anxiety, fear.
- Now focus your attention on your genitals (your root chakra) and picture a funnel there with the small end of the funnel inside your body and the mouth of the funnel pointing down to the earth.
- Allow the energy to flow through your lower funnel, away and down into the center of Mother Earth, taking with it all your tension; leaving vigor and calm in its wake.
- Continue to visualize energy flowing in through your head