Data security is about securing your data from prying eyes and getting it misused. In the era of technology a big amount of data is saved digitally, therefore businesses take some effective measures to secure data.
Spyware are the different types of programs that can affect a database badly. These programs can steal, leak, alter and destroy confidential data and personal files and may cause a business to suffer from a huge loss of data. Therefore, businesses need to take anticipatory actions to prevent data loss.
There are different types of data security technologies that give people the opportunity to secure their data. Following are some of those technologies:
1. Data Encryption: It is an encryption technology that encrypts data on a hard drive. It is also known by the name of On-The-Fly Encryption and Transparent Encryption.
2. Software Based Mechanism for Data Security: A software based solution that block access to files, folders, program or hard drive. It prevents data theft but can be corrupted with malware interference.
3. Hardware Based Mechanism for Data Security: It blocks read and write access to data and provides a good solution against tampering.
4. Backup Process: It secures data and gives users the opportunity to recover data.
5. Data Masking: This is the process of obscuring sensitive information in a database table or cell to prevent its leakage.
6. Data Erasure: Software based overwriting for destroying data residing on a hard drive to prevent its leakage once the drive is used again.
Nowadays, data security has become a top priority for businesses who want to secure their confidential information. Data security must be considered by software developers too at the time they develop their software applications. They must provide a data security feature along with the application to deal with the data security problems.
Confidentiality, availability and integrity of data are the factors that must be considered for data security; moreover, users should also